Monday, July 6, 2009

The Big 6 Companies


I was absolutely floored to find out that everything touching my world (products I buy, TV I watch, entertainment, news, everything) was owned by 6 major companies and their main motive is to shape my mind into buying their product or endorsing their company in some form or another.

Movies are made or squelched by these 6 corporations based on whether they hinder or help their cause to control. The subconscious mind seems to be so easily swayed by these companies.

I especially hate when one of these companies squelches a news story pertinent to my personal safety on the grounds that it would make the parent company look bad, thereby reducing revenue.

Now companies are trying to place their products "strategically" (or not) within regular programming. Not sure if that is subconscious or not as it is pretty obvious in most of today's usages.

However these companies can form your opinions on things is what advertising seems to be all about. This is scarry.

No comments:

Post a Comment